What We Offer
YokyWorks was founded in 2009 by Yoky Matsuoka, the University of Washington Professor who conducts research to understand, rehabilitate and assist human movements with robotic technology.
While she pushes the scientific boundary with her research work, she realized that there is a gap between the scientific contributions in research (which are often not ready for everyday use) and what are commercially available.
YokyWorks provides engineering solutions in this gap between research and available products to enhance life experience for those with physical disabilities.
YokyWorks is especially interested in enhancing life experience in the following areas:
- Education for children so that they can get a job and live an independent fulfilling life
- Ability to play sports and music for people of all ages
- Ability to conduct daily activities independently
We assess and take on projects that have the likelihood of changing lives for many people. Example projects include:
- A communication device for children with cerebral palsy
- A solution for micrographia for people with Parkinson's
For more information, please contact YokyWorks via our contact page.